Friday 16 March 2012

Review: Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver


Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)

 Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver

Pages: 329  Publisher: Hodder  Release Date: March 1st 2012  Source: Won  Cover: 10/10 (I love that cover, it's much better than the Delirium one!)

Goodreads:

I’m pushing aside 
the memory of my nightmare, 
pushing aside thoughts of Alex, 
pushing aside thoughts of Hana 
and my old school, 
push, 
push, 
push, 
like Raven taught me to do. 
The old life is dead. 
But the old Lena is dead too. 
I buried her. 
I left her beyond a fence, 
behind a wall of smoke and flame.  


My Review: 
- Please note, there will be spoilers in this review, especially if you haven’t read Delirium yet.

Pandemonium is such a good book! Lauren Oliver has an amazing writing style that just captivates me. The different relationships between the characters was definitely highlighted in Pandemonium.

I truly felt as distraught as Lena did, she’s lost someone who was such an important part of her life and was now very upset. I wouldn’t know what to do either! Some of the scenes were she remembers Alex are so heartbreaking! He was the one who opened up her eyes and showed her what life and more importantly -love was like. 

I did not like the relationship with Julian. Sorry to all you Julian lovers! In my personal opinion, it felt like the whole relationship was rushed, I didn’t really know that much about Julian… and then suddenly Lena wants to feel his hands through her hair? Maybe it’s because I’m a hardcore Team Alex supporter! J but I just didn’t warm to him as much as Alex. Normally I’m a huge fan of love triangles -Will and Jem for instance, but this just felt wrong L I’m sorry! To be fair, [SPOILER] she did think that Alex was dead, so I understand her need to try and move on but not so quickly. 

Can I please just say akfghekghiehg!!!! That ending?!!! What was that?! I was naughty and read it as soon as I got the book haha, but I couldn’t wait! I’d heard so much about it, so I just had to look ;) Could you get a bigger cliff hanger than that? I don’t think so. [SPOILER!] I am SO SO SO happy that Alex escaped and found Lena, but I’m really worried about him! 

The plot was as good as ever, with numerous twists and turns! I loved all the new characters, Raven, Blue, Tack, Albino, Coin. They all had their own roles within the book and I loved it! Raven was such a dynamic character, considering how young she was she had to mature quickly and had to be strong not just for herself but for others around her. The scene with Blue was really sad! I really liked her character. Plus, her mother! Eeek, that was a good moment too! 

The new Lena was very interesting to read about! I loved the complete change in her attitudes and opinions. It’s like a part of her died when she left Alex beyond the fence, in a way it’s true because she is no longer being the meek, shy Lena that she once was, but a new Lena who’s brave and can lie without question and who is not afraid to attack if it means escape. 

I seriously cannot wait to get my mitts on Requiem! Why does it have to be so far away! L (February 2013) If the world does end in December, I will not be happy! 

Overall, Pandemonium was a really good read, I don’t think it was as good as Delirium in my opinion, but the writing is so good that you can’t stop reading. It’s captivating, exciting, fresh and filled with suspense! A must read for any Dystopian fans.

4 out of 5 stars.



                                                   

                                       

2 comments :

  1. I loved this book! I thought Lena and Julian had a really cute relationship, but I think she'll pick Alex over him. The end skdjfhkasjasdfkjh. But Alex sounded angry and I wanna know why...
    I can't wait until the next book.
    Great review, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think so too! :D I'm glad though aha :) Probably because she promised to spend her life with someone else :( It's all very sad! :) Me either!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...