Wednesday 25 April 2012

Review: Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter


Pages: 296 
Publisher: MiraInk 
Release Date: April 6th 2012 
Source: Publisher
Cover: 9/10

Goodreads: Kate Winters has won immortality. But if she wants a life with Henry in the Underworld, she'll have to fight for it. Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans. As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person whom she would really rather not meet. Henry's first wife, Persephone

Buy: Amazon UK | US | TBD

My review:

I did enjoy reading Goddess Interrupted and was definitely excited for it after I finished The Goddess Test last year which I loved! Whilst I did enjoy it, I didn’t think it was as good as the first one unfortunately. It was still good though! There were numerous twists and turns that I really didn’t expect! 

I’m so glad we finally got to meet Persephone, after so much talk about her in the first book. I didn’t really like her to be honest, she was a good character and definitely had her piece in the jigsaw. I enjoyed listening to her insight into her relationship with Henry and it made me understand Henry a lot better. 

Henry was so annoying at times in the book! I just wanted to give him a shake! He definitely behaved better near the end. Some parts of the book left me shocked at what he was doing! (Whoever’s read it, you know what I mean!) I did feel it was essential though as he could finally let go of his past and stop clinging on to it, so he could move forward with Kate. I’m glad that Kate and Henry’s relationship sorted itself out in the end and grew together as a couple. 

There’s definitely a lot of action in Goddess Interrupted with a number of things going wrong and having to be resolved. The ending is a cliffhanger and it is a HUGE cliffhanger! I was naughty and sneaked a peek before I finished reading (I did the same with Pandemonium aha, I can’t resist) and it is definitely a shocker and makes me want the next book The Goddess Inheritance right now! 

Overall, a good second book with action, love, shockers and a HUGE cliffhanger! 

4 out of 5 stars



4 comments :

  1. Great review Steph. I LOVED this book and I rated it 5 stars. I can't wait to see what's next. Donna xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, you sound like me, sometimes I peek and sometimes I flick through my books before I have read them and accidentally see the final line which is usually a big spoiler, I did it for Bloodlines!
    I want to read this book, I enjoyed the first one and the covers are gorgeous! Oh what I would give to look like that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cliffhanger at the end was just awesome! And I agree with Henry being kind of annoying at times - he thought everything through too much and some of those times he just needed to be impulsive to get results. Great interview though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, Steph! I'm really glad it's a 4 for you and you really liked it, but I thought it was just as good (maybe better) than The Goddess Test. :)

    Amber
    The Musings of ALMYBNENR

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...