Friday 25 May 2012

Review: Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Publisher:
 HarperCollins
Release Date: May 1st 2012
Cover Love: 9/10
Source: Bought
Add to: Goodreads

Goodreads: War looms in sixteen-year-old Tris’s dark dystopian world as disputes between the factions grow. Tris must now fight against all odds to discover the truth that can save her and the people she loves. Sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge – and the choices she makes will have devastating and unexpected consequences.




My Review:
Divergent was one of the best books that I read last year and Insurgent is one of the best I read this year. Sometimes sequels are not as good as the processors and I was a bit worried, but Insurgent was amazing! More than amazing! 

Insurgent starts off right where Divergent finished -if like me and you forgot who everyone was and what happened in the last chapter, fear not! Veronica posted a recap HERE so you'll be clued in :) I thought this was a great idea, as a year is a long time! 

Insurgent was as amazing, if not better than Divergent! Tris developed as a character, she had a very difficult time after both her parents died and was suffering immensely. I believed she reacted in any normal way a 16 year old would, Tris started becoming reckless. She would throw herself into dangerous situations with no thought on her own life, just because she wanted to. Obviously, her relationship with Four (Tobias - I'm still going to call him Four though :P) was under a huge amount of strain. They were together, being affectionate and then screaming at each other, then back being nice again, which was understandable as Tris didn't know what to feel. Most of the usual characters are there from last time -although not many and I enjoyed how they were all richly described and had their own pieces in the story.

The plot was forever twisting and turning and will definitely leave you gasping numerous times. It's as high paced -if not more than Divergent and it will keep you on your toes. There are some major shockers and some heartbreaking moments *sob* and the atmosphere is very scary and dark at times. The ending was brutal, why finish like that?!! I need the third one now!

Overall, if you loved Divergent, then you need to get your mitts on Insurgent pronto! It's got everything, romance, tension, action, betrayal and much much more. 

5 out of 5 stars.



4 comments :

  1. I was worried this might not live up to the first one but was so glad to find it did! Awesome review, Steph. I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was feeling like this too but it was even better! :) Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I keep staring at this book on my shelf, dying to pick it up, but I'm too busy now to just enjoy it. So I'm forcing myself to wait. It's one of the hardest things to do! I'm so anxious to get back into this world and experience the new addition to the story Veronica has crafted!! Thanks for this great review! :D

    Sierra @ Yearning to Read
    www.yearningtoread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I know how you feel! :) I hope you love it as much as I did when you get round to it, I'm sure you will! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...