Tuesday 26 June 2012

Review: Die For Me by Amy Plum


Die For Me by Amy Plum
Release Date: May 11th 2011
Publisher: Atom
Cover Love: 10/10
Add to: Goodreads

Goodreads: In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity. When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent. Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.


My Review:

Die For Me was absolutely amazing! I cannot believe I hadn't picked it up sooner! It has such a unique and fresh idea that I loved and I can't wait to find out more about all of the characters.

I really enjoyed reading about Kate, she felt very real and was a well rounded character -she was jealous and had feelings that gave her more depth. I felt so sorry for her and Georgia -her sister, when hey have to move to Paris to live with their Grandparents, after a tragic event. Mamie sounds so glamorous! I’d love to have a Nan like her -sorry Nan! :) Georgia copes the only way she knows how, by partying and Kate is the complete opposite, preferring to stay in all of the time. I liked reading from Kate's perspective and she definitely develops as the story progresses. 

Then we meet Vincent. I LOVE Vincent! <3 Where can I get myself one please? :D I'm a official Vince-a-holic! He is so sweet and he truly cares about Kate. He also writes love letters *swoon*, what more could you wish for really?? His 'family' are interesting to read about too! Jules - who's hilarious and I love his flirtiness and can’t wait to read more about him, Ambrose, Charles and Charlotte. I was particularly interested in their back stories, as it made their characters become even more real and were very revealing in how they have affected their personalities now.

The action scenes were good and exciting, but Die For Me is not jam packed full of them like some other books, as it does focus more on the romance side of things. The romance was so sweet and cute! Everything was so romantic, from the descriptions of Paris -I want to go SO BAD! :) 

Revenants is such an interesting idea that I’ve never heard of before, and it was so fresh and new, I loved it! A Revenant is a person who has to sacrifice their life over and over again, which I thought was very sad. Plus, they have to sleep for three full days every month which is weird :) I enjoyed how they’re contrasted to the Numa (the baddies) too!

Overall, I loved Die For Me! If you haven’t read this yet, I would strongly recommend that you do and soon :) I cannot wait to read Until I Die (the second book) to discover more.

5 out of 5 stars.



6 comments :

  1. well, I do love it when someone reads Die for Me and loves it as much as I do! I'm glad you liked it so much Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay,I'm glad you loved this too! Brilliant review, Steph! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book aswell and I read Until I Die earlier this year and loved it also so I am sure you will! Havn't they both got the most gorgeous covers aswell?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOUNDS AMAZING!! Great review - I definitely can't wait to get this from the library SOON!! :D

    Sierra @ Yearning to Read

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey am new lets call me jess so i was looking at your review for sweet evil and since you liked it as much as i did i am willing to give this book a try so tx



    XOXO

    Jess

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...